Have a dog that just seems to shred through tons of toys quickly? While it can be frustrating to see a new, potentially pricey, toy get chewed up in a matter of hours, don’t fret! There are a number of options on the market for dog toys that are virtually indestructible.
These toys come in many sizes and shapes, but all can withstand a strong chew and bite from any dog. While Kevlar fibers cannot actually be used to manufacture toys due to being dangerous when ingested, we have chosen the five best options that are “Kevlar-like”. These are all safe for your dog and ultimately will provide the closest experience to a Kevlar available in a toy.
Here is a list of the 5 best kevlar-like dog toys that are virtually indestructible:
Best Kevlar-Like Dog Toys & Indestructible Dog Toys Review
1. Pet Qwerks Dinosaur BarkBone Chew Toy
Editor’s Review: Best Cheap Indestructible Dog ToyCHECK PRICE ON AMAZON
The Dinosaur BarkBone is a nylon-based bone chew toy that is made to withstand the strongest of chewers. The toy is made completely in the USA from certified non-toxic materials, and mimics the feel and smell of a real bone. Better yet, it’s actually a somewhat affordable option for dog toys considering its longevity. Owners of pit bulls, mastiffs, labs, german shepherds, and others have all said this toy has withstood a beating.
- Manufactured fully in the USA
- Comes in four sizes, suitable for dogs from 20 pounds all the way to 120 pounds
- Made with durable nylon as well as real bacon or steak for real natural fiber
- Certified non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and fully FDA approved
- Affordable given the materials
- Owners have noted that the toy can fray if chewed on heavily in a specific area. The manufacturer notes that this is normal and perfectly safe. Some owners have considered this to be a hazard, others have said they don’t consider it to be an issue.
2. Monster K9 Ultra-Durable Chew Toy
Editor’s Review: Best Aggressive Chewer Dog ToyCHECK PRICE ON AMAZON
The Monster K9 Ultra-Durable Chew Ring is one of the highest rated, virtually indestructible, dog toys available on the market. The ring has been tested specifically with the most aggressive chewing breeds including german shepherds, pitbulls, and mastiffs, so you can be sure it’ll withstand the strongest of bites.
The 6.5 inch x 1.25 inch toy is made of industrial strength rubber that is puncture resistant. And while the rubber is a strong compound, the materials are FDA approved to be 100% safe and non-toxic for your dog. Over time, this type of rubber is also particularly soft on the mouth of a dog, meaning no sharp corners or edges that can cut or hurt. The ring shape also lends itself well to playing fetch, an intense tug of war session, or just a good old chew fest.
Lastly, the Chew Ring is backed by a lifetime guarantee. If for some reason you don’t like the toy, or it becomes damaged by your dog any time over the life of the product, you can request a replacement or refund. That’s pretty tough to argue with.
- Made from industrial quality rubber to withstand the toughest chewers
- FDA approved 100% safe and non-toxic
- Tested on the most aggressive chewing dog breeds
- Lifetime replacement or refund guarantee
- Only comes in one size, might be too big for some dogs
- Owners have mentioned that while the toy is extremely strong, it can still wear down over time depending on the dog
3. Chuckit! Durable Ball Dog Toy
Editor’s Review: Best Durable Dog BallCHECK PRICE ON AMAZON
If you dog loves to play fetch with a tennis ball, but somehow always seems to chew them up quickly, then you should check out the ChuckIt! dog ball. This ball is made of soft rubber on the outside and a stronger rubber core on the inside to withstand intense chewing. It also floats and bounces for those perfect throw and fetch sessions at the pool or the lake.
These balls are on average cheaper than some of the other strong rubber dog toys, so can be less of an issue if one of them is lost in the park or at the lake. Overall, a great options for dogs who love to play fetch with tennis balls.
- Made with durable rubber that’s easy on a dog’s mouth but still can withstand strong bites and chews
- Bouncy, buoyant, and durable
- Comes in four sizes for different breed sizes
- Great alternative to tennis balls which can easily be torn up
- When buying this toy be careful to get the proper size for your dog. You don’t want to get a ball that’s too small for your dog’s mouth for safety reasons.
- Colors can fade if left outdoors for long periods of time
4. Goughnuts TuG MaXX Large Dog Toy
Editor’s Review: Best Indestructible Dog Toy for Large DogsCHECK PRICE ON AMAZON
If you have a big dog that can chew through basically anything, this is your toy. The Goughnuts TuG Maxx is a heavy duty toy made for large dogs. At 11 in x 6 in x 1.5 in, this strong rubber tug toy can withstand aggressive chewing, tug of war, or just general destruction. When tested with a number of larger dog breeds, the TuG MaXX could handle serious chew sessions of hours without even a dent or scratch. In fact, the rubber compound used in the construction of this toy is carbon reinforced.
- Made with durable, strong rubber that has been tested for safety
- Owners of many different dog breeds have been impressed with the toy’s durability. These included pit bulls, boxers, bulldogs, labs, and german shepherds.
- Perfect for tug of war
- Rubber made in the USA
- Made with just rubber, no scent or flavor
- On the pricier side of strong dog toys
5. KONG Extreme Dog Toy for Small Dogs
Editor’s Review: Best Indestructible Dog Toy for Small DogsCHECK PRICE ON AMAZON
KONG is one of the most well known brands for durable dog products. In fact, a number of larger agencies use them including law enforcement, K-9 drug enforcement teams, as well as AKC trainers.
This particular KONG Extreme Dog Toy is perfect for smaller dogs with strong bites. The rubber compound used is ultra-durable and sturdy to withstand aggressive chewing over time. It also is constructed with a hole in it for stuffing treats for training and other activities.
- Made in the USA
- Stuffable midsection for treats
- Chewing can help with dental health; cleaning teeth and gums
- Bouncy, and can have unpredictable bounces for fun fetch sessions
- Does not splinter or pose a risk for mouth injuries
- While we have reviewed the small dog product, this KONG ball does come in four different sizes for larger dog breeds as well
- Has a strong rubber smell
Ultimately the best indestructible dog toy is the one that your dog likes best, and stands up to the test of time. While kevlar is not a safe option for toys, extra strong rubber or nylon, like the materials featured in this list, can withstand aggressive chewing over time. By investing in a stronger toy that is nearly indestructible, you can save considerable money over time.
Kevlar Dog Toys FAQ
Question: Is Kevlar safe for dogs?
Answer: Aramid fibers and fabrics, also known as Kevlar, are incredible durable and heat resistant materials that can withstand extreme conditions. By weight, Kevlar is actually stronger than carbon fiber. While Kevlar threads cannot break, they can unravel over time, and become life threatening for a dog when ingested. For this reason, Kevlar should not be used in dog toys for safety reasons. All of the indestructible dog toys recommended here are “kevlar-like” and do not contain kevlar or any other harmful chemicals or materials.
Question: Are there indestructible dog toys?
Answer: Yes and no; the answer depends on what you consider indestructible. Ultimately a dog with a strong bite can wear down almost any material over the course of time. However, the toys we have chosen are made specifically to withstand the highest amount of roughness to last the longest. No toy is perfect, but these will give you the biggest bang for your buck. You can say they are “virtually indestructible”.
Question: What dog toys are indestructible?
Answer: There are a number dog toys that are made specifically for dog breeds with strong chewing. These toys also come in a number of shapes and sizes, including bone style, ropes, toys, stuffable toys, and more. Look for those that say they have been tested on aggressive chewing breeds, and are made with strong materials.